I’m saving money to buy a house!
After years of travel, it’s time to invest in a bit of property here in Australia
I’m doing really good so far, and plan to have enough money by the end of next year to buy one!
Yay, super exciting!
Saving for a deposit or money in general can be quite challenging but, I have found that if you can do these types of things, it really helps.
- Live at home with your parents, I pay a tiny amount of rent to my parents, compared to paying rent to someone else! I also house sit as an excuse to get away from them when needed!
- Set goals! How much do you want to save and by when? How will you do this? Work out your budget and stick to it, open a savings account and deposit every spare cent in there, as well as your savings goal.
- You don’t need to constantly socialize and spend money, stay home, watch Netflix, go for a walk, read a book, clean, cook, write, meditate. Balance your weeks out to curve your social spending.
- Be mindful of what you do and don’t need, work out what are “need” to buy, and what are “want” to buy items and stick to that way of thinking.
- Use the law of attraction, be positive, see yourself owning whatever it is you want to own, really see it, think it, breath it, it will encourage you to focus energy, money and time into your goal.
- If you smoke, quit! I quit 26 days ago and not only am I saving money, I feel so much better!