I have been bursting to read more in my spare time after work.
I used to read so many varied books a few years ago but as time, and my life changes, I am finding I am reading no where near as much as I would like.
I work full time in Mental Health as a Senior Mental Health Worker and I know full well the importance of a healthy lifestyle and balance in ones life.
I personally find for me, reading is one of the best ways to squeeze in some down time;
- It helps my mind to switch off from the day to day thoughts
- I learn new words, new quotes and phrases amongst other learning opportunities
- I can imagine myself in new lands on old dusty pages
- I have choice in what I want to read or learn about
- The topics, genres, adventures and stories are endless
So to prompt me to start looking after myself a bit better again, I have decided to post this list of books that I want to read in the next 2 months.
- The Last Vampire – Whitley Strieber I finished the first novel in this trilogy not long ago, so time to start and finish the second book
- Lilith’s Dream – Whitley Strieber The third and final chapter in the trilogy
I love horror/thrillers/historical fiction/true crime etc so if anyone has any further reading recommendations please let me know!